Attorney Holtz’s qualifications as a Certified Public Accountant and his experience assisting small and large businesses provide the basis for our strong business practice. Attorney Holtz’s foundation in business began at the University of Wisconsin-Madison Business School, in which he graduated with Distinction (i.e, this designation refers to his graduation in the top 1/5 of the class). He is a past President of the Mequon-Thiensville Chamber of Commerce and is very involved in regional civic organizations. He is a longtime member and current President of the Thiensville-Mequon Rotary Club. Clients have counted on Atty. Holtz to represent their business interests for over 25 years.
Our extensive business experience includes the following:
- the successful representation of buyers and sellers of a wide variety of service, retail, and industrial businesses, with past sales transactions ranging from thousands to millions of dollars;
- valuable legal assistance in setting up contracts with customers;
- preparation and review of noncompete or confidentiality agreements involving businesses and employees, including an analysis of their legal enforceability;
- aiding in tax disputes, including representation before the U. S. Tax Court and negotiations with the IRS and Wisconsin Department of Revenue;
- helping clients plan the successful transition of the continuation of the business and retirement through the orchestrated transfer of the business to a key employee through a buy-sell agreement;
- our successful aggressive representation to protect a disabled shareholder’s rights relating to the buy-out of his interest;
- helping clients successfully set up the best organization for the business, whether it involves an S or C corporation, Limited Liability Company (LLC), Limited Liability Partnership (LLP), general or limited partnership, sole proprietorship, or tax-exempt charitable corporation; and
- the review and negotiation of business contracts, as well as real estate leases and offers to purchase.
In these and other business matters as noted below, Mequon Law Offices will help contribute to the success of you and your business.
A list of specific business areas of involvement is set forth below:
- Formation of corporations, limited liability companies, service corporations and partnerships
- Contracts and agreements
- Business sales, acquisitions and mergers
- Succession planning and Buy/Sell agreements
- Non-competition & Confidentiality agreements
- Shareholder agreements and stock transfer restriction agreements
- Dissolution and reorganization of corporations and partnerships
We welcome your call to discuss your current business legal need.